Sunday, December 18, 2011

My first tie clip

Props to my sister-in-law. I've been looking for a tie-clip for awhile now but haven't had much luck. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on one unless its perfect. But I'd be happy to pick up some flea market varieties in the meantime...only I haven't been able to find any. Then the other day my sister-in-law hands me this little gem that she found at a local thrift shop.



I now own a tie clip. I haven't actually worn it yet, but somehow just knowing I have it makes me feel dandy.

I kind of feel about my tie clip like this blogger feels about her wool tie. She states:
Dear Wool Tie
I know we just met last week, but I want to tell you how I'm feeling about you.  It was good being around each other all day today, wasn't it?  I mean, your slightly-heavy-but-oh-so-soft fabric just feels right, especially for fall.  Simultaneously intellectual and badass, just like my platonic conception of myself.  See, we complete each other, Wool Tie.  Deep down in your plaid, woolen little heart, you know it.  
People think we look good together, Wool Tie.  They all said so.  You could see it in their eyes, Wool Tie.  They know that you and I are meant to be together.  I might even have some of your friends over.  Wouldn't that be fun, Wool Tie?  You know you'd love it.
The bottom line, Wool Tie, is this: I don't know how my wardrobe and I survived without you, and I hope we'll never have to again.
Fondly,BW
Doesn't that just make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

No comments: